One of the key ingredients in our structure is our ability to develop simple and effective solutions to our customers problems. Supporting the mental health sector means that there will always be an array of everyday products that require redesigning.
A mental health estates manager had become frustrated with his staff having to continually replace plastic door sign holders, that service users were able to break away from the door. A more resilient product was required, which was achieved by using 2-off formed profiles of 1.5mm zintec which enclosed the door sign label.
The success of the door sign holders was tested immediately by one of the service users, who had an habit of removing all of the plastic ones. Upon installation the service user tried emphatically to remove the door sign holders, and after a period of trying he accepted it would not be possible.
5 Key points to the door sign holder design
- A regal silver powder coated finish was used to complete the door sign holders, this gave a durable coating with a metal look appearance.
- Radius corners prevent sharp edges.
- 6-off countersunk holes ensure the door sign holders can be firmly fixed to the door.
- The door sign label was enclosed between the front and back door sign frames.
- Quality 1.5mm zintec coated mild is used in the design.
If you have a similar requirement please complete our contact us page with your enquiry, or pick up the phone and call us on 01952 404616.