- 1. Antiligature Radiator Guards / Sloping Top / Antiligature TRV Covers
- Antiligature Radiator Guards
- 3. Antiligature Radiator Guards / Sloping Top
- 4. Antiligature Radiator Guards / Sloping Top / Multiple Piece
- 5. Antiligature Radiator Guards / Sloping Top / Antiligature TRV Covers
- 6. Antiligature Radiator Guards / Sloping Top / Antiligature TRV Cover
- 7. Antiligature Radiator Guards / Sloping Top / Antiligature TRV Covers
- 8. Antiligature Radiator Guards / Sloping Top / Antiligature TRV Covers
The most common method of heating Mental Health facilities to ensure service users are comfortable is by using hot water passing through pipework into radiators which radiate and convect heat into a room. Radiators at temperatures of 60°C can cause 3rd Degree burn full thickness injuries with skin contact in 5 seconds. Service users are at risk of self harming from hot surface temperatures, sharp edges and ligature points on radiators or pipework.
Suicide rates have shown an increase in recent years, with hanging being the most common method used. Creating an environment where service users are safe from themselves is of paramount importance. Staff must be secure in the knowledge that service users are in a safe environment. Products designed to help eliminate ligature points are a must in Mental Health facilities.
Clarke Delta are proud to introduce a revolutionary Anti-ligature Radiator Guard specifically designed for mental health environments. The challenge of protecting vulnerable service users against hot radiator surfaces and ligature points has been confronted with a modernistic look that blends gently into the environment. Cleaning can easily be undertaken by domestic staff, through a full access door which is secured against access from service users.
The well-being of service users has also been considered with an anti-bacterial coating that reduces bacteria on radiators by up to 90%. The fully formed anti-ligature grill design follows the complete profile of the guard, removing a potential hotspot. The sloping top design complies with best practice guidelines, preventing the top becoming a ledge to stand-on. Our free consultations, and adaptable approach to our offer ensures our customers satisfaction.
THE KEY PRODUCT BENEFITS
1) Slimmest full access radiator guard on the market: a 20mm reduction in depth.
2) Anti-bacterial powder coating.
3) Complete mesh grill, removing the requirement for a secondary mesh which traps the heat.
4) The warmest part of the radiator guard is the front edge, which many manufacturers do not provide a grill in this area due to the difficulties of following a radius profile. Our grill follows the complete front profile of the guard.
5) Lateral movement – we have an improved locking system, which prevents lateral movement in the guard.
6) Chamfered top and sides to help reduce the impact of falls.